Tour days 45 and 46

I'm sure your wondering why 2 days are together. Well yesterday started out well but didn't end well for me. Here is the information for the day first.





Was warm and sunny and no wind to speak of. The sights were nice and just took a few pictures. Kind of reminded me of home in Ohio. That's why not so many pictures. 













Ok maybe the tiny church in the middle of a pond or a race car on a bunch of rocks is a little out there. Was finishing my ride yesterday and getting it when it happened. My front fork  broke and I flew over my handlebars and landed on the pavement. Got my act together and took my bike off the road and all else and called Crossroads. People stopped to help but there nothing anybody could do. My carbon fork must of had a crack and gave in to the stress and broke. Bike is done. I was not happy. Went to hospital and x-rays. Bruised ribs on the left side, shoulder bruises and both arms cut up and sore. Got back to hotel and went to another town and bought another bike to finish the ride. Sucks but I am going to finish this ride. Doctor suggested to take 3 days off. Not going to happen.  Gave bike to our mechanic and got it set up for me to finish. Mighty sore but Boston here I come. Too messed up to work on blog. Here is relive from yesterday.  



So my ride to Herkimer will always be remembered. From there it was on to Troy New York and 85 miles.  Left with the early group. Was not sure how I was going to feel. Wasn't disappointed. Sore all over and ribs were beyond sore. Only hurt when I breathed and hit bumps. Seems like I breathed and hit a lot of bumps. I was in pain but I want to complete this adventure. Not only was in pain it rained most of the day. Awesome. Wasn't that many hills. That's for tomorrow. Got ice on shoulder and ribs. Here's today's itinerary and weather. 





Was warm rain and no wind. Here's pictures from today. Most important my new ride. 











































Troy New York is where we are at tonight before we embark on a ride to Brattleboro Vermont tomorrow and the mountains. Not going to be pleasant. A new bike and sore everywhere.  Breathing especially and 74 miles. Motrin here I come. Here is today's relive. 


Sorry but very tired and sore. Today was a good ride especially riding the Mohawk Hudson bikeway. Beautiful. Till tomorrow and thanks for following. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour day 8

Tour day 48